8.26.2011

Assessments

Though I no longer live in the States, nor do I regularly work with Kindergarten-aged children, these were shared with me from the other side of the world today, and I couldn't help posting them to this wonderful place.

Prior to Kindergarten each child takes an assessment. Part of this includes alphabet recognition. 

It may also be said that the children make assessments of their own.

One little girl paused on "p." The teacher prompted, "Do you remember this one?" 

The little girl conspiratorially replied, "It's hard to remember when you don't know."

A little boy was going through making associations with each letter. "A is for Adam, that's my name. B is for Brecken, he goes to my pre-school." And so on through the alphabet to the letter X. Even here he was not at a loss.

"X...that's on my Dad's videos!"

Secrets are never safe with children...

4 comments:

  1. Hahahahahahaha, the second one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that is funny and true. Children offer many things you are sure their parents would not approve of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for this blog! I LOVE every single post! So so happy to see it resurrected!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Teachers of certain ages are always the first to know... :)

    ReplyDelete